<

Monday, July 28

Tara & Em*


Em & Tara, canon digital rebel xti



em falconbridge (blog & shop)


tara whitney (photography site & blog)

On the way home from this past Saturday's photo session with Tara and Em, I rolled down my windows and let the wind blow through my hair. I cranked Abba loudly on my stereo and burst into song with the hugest smile. THAT is how wonderful it felt to be in the presence of these two beautiful, creative and unique women.

I had been looking forward to this session for a long while. An opportunity to capture the strong bond between two artists that I have admired from a distance. Tara is a photographer that inspired me so much in the beginning to be myself in this industry, to not follow any rules and to seek and discover my own unique style. She continues to inspire me each day. Em is the one that designed and created my gorgeous camera strap that I carry with me always. She is a true artist in all areas of her life.

The three of us have emailed now and then but had yet to meet in the flesh. So, each of us had that typical giddy and nervous feeling of meeting an Internet friend for the first time. Although, as soon as they jumped out of their car and embraced me with warm hugs, I felt an instant kinship and the rest of our day together unfolded magically and beautifully.

It was a challenge to not set my camera aside and curl up next to them on the blanket to share for hours. These women have an energy that draws you into their presence. It was a treat to witness their likeness, as well as their differences and what ties them together as best friends.

It was such a confirmation to me that my true passion is photographing artists. I'll be doing more of this at Squam soon and I hope to continue for many years to come.

I was explaining to Tara and Em why I am so drawn to artists with my lens. As our time together was coming to a close and we were nestled on a gorgeous blanket under a tree, I shared how very connected I feel to creative spirits and how in my sessions they just get my intimate way of being.

It was hard to leave them. They are kindred spirits and new friends and I look forward to snuggling on a blanket with them again soon.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so lovely that you've found this passion. something extraordinary happens when the pieces come together. your photos are gorgeous. i can't wait to see the moments you capture at Squam. take care.

July 29, 2008 at 2:40:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, these are gorgeous, hon, you (and they) must be thrilled! I especially love the pastel tones in the portrait of Em - so dreamy, it captures her artistic & bohemian spirit beautifully

July 29, 2008 at 6:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger lisa said...

you fantastically captured the spirit of these two women. I was intrigued by the images and visited their sites to know a bit more about them. you really nailed it.

July 29, 2008 at 6:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodie Allen said...

what an amazing gift to be able to photograph those two... two women I love via their blogs also! they both inspire in different ways but both are so truly amazing. your photographs were wonderful, i would love to see more!

July 29, 2008 at 12:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for introducing me to these lovelies. I think I needed to see thier sites today. It definately helped me discover a better attitude inside myself. I knew it was there somewhere.

And your pictures are always so beautiful. It is definately one of your many callings in life to capture artists. Someday I hope to be beautified through the medium of your lens.

xoxo
B

July 29, 2008 at 1:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sleepandhersisters said...

Such a wonderful thing... I am afraid I will never meet anyone from here as I am too far away from anywhere... But thank you for sharing this meeting.

Katherine

July 29, 2008 at 2:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

I'm loving how your softness just pours gently over everyone you photograph... Very bohemian and feminine... Lovely in every way.

July 29, 2008 at 3:23:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was hard to leave you as well denise.
i held my breath reading this whole post-i dont know how to explain it-but you have this spirit to you-its magical, and im not sure why, but reading this was just like a moment in time that was so amazing for me.

i think of our time together EVERY MINUTE

thank you, ever ever so much.
tara

July 30, 2008 at 3:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

one day, I hope to have garden friends again... not having them is a void that haunts my heart with a pain I've never felt before... I miss them terribly.

July 30, 2008 at 3:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Thea Coughlin said...

I am twirling you my darling garden friend.

I absolutely adore these photos. Tara with that camera-all her sexy gorgeousness oozing through the photos you took of her.

They are beautiful kindreds and I am full of bliss thinking of this wonderful time you spent with them, and to think they will have photos to look at forever that captured their garden friendship.

Loving you
t2t

July 31, 2008 at 6:19:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home