<

Monday, September 1

garden babies*


new flowers on our veranda, canon digital rebel xti

Boho Boy and I spent the day yesterday at our nursery down the street. This place has such a joyful energy. The flowers and plants in good health and stretching towards the sun with gratefulness for their care. Each person working there is so eager to help, hoping to find the most nurturing home for their garden babies.

We came home and planted our new flora family on our veranda. Now I have an urge to return to the nursery and explore some more color patterns to fill more pots.

There is something about digging deep into soil with my bare hands and connecting to mother earth's life cycle that helps me to feel fertile in so many ways.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely colours :-) There's nothing so wonderful as when we make our house our home with these beautiful little touches!

September 1, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sleepandhersisters said...

I did the very same thing on sunday... such a good way to spend the day with your hands in the dirt.

and you have taken beautiful photos of them too.

September 1, 2008 at 2:24:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to say how much I look forward every new post from you.. you are helping me stay inspired.. and I am grateful for you for that. It's so easy for each of us to fall into despair.. and when I check in with you.. and your beautiful life.. it helps pull me out of that. Thanks.

September 2, 2008 at 5:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jacki said...

I love making flowers grow and bloom, it's such a joy for me. I know my neighbors think I'm the block nut but I really enjoy spending my evenings outside tending to my "babies". After a stressful day of work there's no denying that they are the fruit of my labor.

September 2, 2008 at 5:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger christine said...

love your garden.

September 3, 2008 at 1:14:00 AM PDT  
Blogger emily said...

gardening is one of those things that i tend to shy away from out of fear of failing...but you make it sound so wonderful and healing! i better give it a try.

September 3, 2008 at 7:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful flowers, makes me want to plant some right now.

September 3, 2008 at 8:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eileen W. said...

Such beauty on your deck. :) I am a believer in gardening- it has saved me in many ways. We've grown most of our own veggies here for the last couple of years and I'm thrilled to say we're growing our own pumpkins for Halloween. I'm so psyched to see them turning orange. Enjoy the colors and delight of your flowers. :)

September 7, 2008 at 8:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home