<

Saturday, December 20

a note to Omi from Cedar...


omi & cedar, canon 50D (click for larger view)

Dear Omi ~
I like the sound of Grandma in German. Ooooomie.

I'm so happy that I finally got to meet you after a few weeks of making you videos and sending you emails and text messages (from my baby cell phone). I think you have the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen. I hope my blue eyes end up as pretty as yours someday because the girls will really dig me.

I thought it was cool that you spoke to me mostly in German cuz now I will know two languages by the time I go to school. Then I can talk to my teacher in German when I don't want her to know what I am saying. My favorite nickname out of all the ones you called me was My Little Potato Man. Don't ask me to spell it in German. Something like "Mein wenig Schpetzalmen", right?

I loved it when you sang to me and fed me and changed my seriously stinky poopie diapers. I especially liked it when you laughed hard after I pee'd all over you or my parents. Thanks for saying I have a good aim. More than anything, it made me happy that you took such good care of mommy and daddy. They don't have as many bags under their eyes and they have more energy to take care of me. They also have full bellies from all the yummy meals you made them each day. I guess they were forgetting to eat because all they could think about was me. Which isn't a bad thing. I mean, I don't mind being the center of their Universe.

I am going to miss you and our early morning time alone while you let my mommy sleep. I liked burping in your ear after each feeding because you would always tell me how fabulous I am. Does this mean it is cool to burp and fart? If that's the case, then I am the coolest. I am the Gas Man. Do they have teams and awards for gas? I'll have to look into that when I am older. I would surely win first place and get a ribbon.

When you left, mommy and daddy were talking about how much they needed you and didn't realize how much until you were here. They feel more refreshed and more like themselves. I mean, if it wasn't for you, my mommy wouldn't have a cool new sparkly nose ring. I can't wait to pull at it one day. Right now I just can't seem to tell my hand what I want it to do.

So, anyways, it was cool to get to know you and your voice and your smell. I'll miss my daily naps on your chest and whispers in my ear. I'll also miss the smell of your cooking...even though I can't eat it yet. Someday soon we'll be able to put it all in a blender but for now, I'll settle for milk. I can always close my eyes and pretend the milk is your steak salad.

I love you Omi and hope to see you again soon.

Love,
Cedar...the potato man.

17 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Lovely written… :c)
Your Omi seems to me like a wonderfull woman. I would miss her too if I were you.

Enjoy your time with your mommy & daddy now that the are all freshed up again.

Take care,
Tania

December 20, 2008 at 3:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Just Me said...

By the way… your photos with your Omi look very nice!

December 20, 2008 at 3:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Alisa said...

Ok seriously that was the coolest and sweetest letter to Cedars Omi!!

The photos are gorgeous!

Oh and you probably already know about the soft little washy cloth over the peeps while you change the little man...works like a charm :)

December 20, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jackie said...

adorable! He is getting cuter every day!

December 20, 2008 at 3:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Darlene said...

i want an Omi...:)
Cedar, I love your sense of humor and miss your smell. You are the coolest baby ever and your eyes are dreamy. Tell mommy that her sister is missing her smell too
...and to be looking in the mail for a big box full of Christmas goodies.

many huggie neck smooches
xox auntie d

December 20, 2008 at 4:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Alberta Art Classes said...

Oh, my. He is really growing into himself, isn't he?What a lovely letter, I bet Omi is wishing all of the same things too!

December 20, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so darling, you guys. And aren't grandparents the best? They have a magic touch, I swear.

And WHERE OH WHERE did Mr. Potato Man get that awesome hat? I need one for my six month old and haven't fallen in love with one until now.

Wishing you good things, always. -Chan

December 20, 2008 at 6:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger carlikup said...

Hello there little guy!
First, I must tell you how yummy you really really are. Thank you for sharing your Omi with us ~ aren't grandmas the best?

I also wanted to let you know how I find your mom incredibly awesome ~ through her powerful writing and beautiful simplicity, she is touching many people, including me!

Carla :0)

December 20, 2008 at 6:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Phoenix said...

hey :) nicely written.
Am actually a regular reader for quite some time now. just didnt comment much. I noticed in the pic that Cedar's ears are not covered by the woollen cap - for what its supposed to b worn - to prevent cold air entry in ears. Just in case you didn't notice. Love to you n cedar. Take care.

December 20, 2008 at 7:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger boho girl said...

Dear Phoenix ~
Thanks for your heads up!

We actually did put his hat on over his ears but it kept moving up while we were moving around for the photo shoot.

Good thing its not that cold here in San diego...but we love the hat because its from one of my dearest and coolest friends.

Love,
Boho

December 20, 2008 at 7:34:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Boho,
I thought the flaps on a hat were to go over the nose!

Silly me.

Good thing I read that pertinent advice!

Love
Tin....

December 20, 2008 at 8:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger boho girl said...

dear chan,
i just discovered where my friend found the hat:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6193802

adorable stuff!!!

i thought the tree was perfect for Cedar.

love,
boho

December 20, 2008 at 8:33:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutest letter. Ever.

December 20, 2008 at 11:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Stacy said...

Dear Cedar,

This is Isabella. I hijacked my mommy's computer to say hi and that we have lots in common because I love to burp and fart too.

I wanted to tell you something I have learned about sparkly things on my mama. I love grabbing at things that my mommy wears around her neck and on her ears, but I notice she doesn't do it anymore. It might have something to do with her saying, "ouch" each time I would yank on them. I think what I am trying to say is don't grab your mommy's pretty nose ring too hard because she might not wear it anymore if you do, and that would be a shame because it's really cute from the picture my mommy showed me.

I know it's hard because you and I are babies and have no concept of muscle control, but I thought I would pass these words of wisdom along to you since I am older and all... ; )

By the way, my mommy shows me pictures of you all the time and I think you are really cute and I can't wait to meet you one day soon.

Your friend,
Isabella

December 21, 2008 at 2:11:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear little potato man,
You’re so cute. And the luckiest little man for having such a lovely Omi and such a tender mother! Even though I don’t know both of them, they are two wonderful women. Just not to speak about Boho papa and auntie Darlene, and grandpa vu-vu, and grandma marmie.
And your eyes are just perfectly looking to your omi. That’s love. It so easy to fall in love with all of them, isn’t it?
And because it is Christmas, I wish you and all your family the happiest of holidays, with joyous celebrations and fun family gatherings (even thought you just drink milk)!
HoHoHo
Maria, from cold but sunny Lisbon, Portugal

December 21, 2008 at 2:21:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the best having Oma nearby !!

All the best, and happy holidays. :-)

December 21, 2008 at 10:03:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omi's are a gift!

December 21, 2008 at 6:29:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home