<

Friday, January 2

eight belles*


boho baby cedar & owlie, canon 50d

Owlie, a gift from true and lovely Amy, was the first stuffed friend that Cedar reached for when I placed it near him. I think Owlie carried with him the soft, sensitive, thoughtful, deep, oh so deep of a soul that Amy herself embodies. These are qualities I feel pouring forth our son and it doesn't surprise me that he was attracted to her spirit so easily.

I also wanted to share Amy's music with you. Dim the lights, light some candles, close your eyes and take deep breaths as her melodies swim through your soul. She transforms the heart with her unique voice and lyrics. They will find you either laying in the sand or grass looking up at the stars, sitting in a cafe in Paris people watching and spilling in your journal...so many places she takes me in my mind. I cry. I laugh. I revel. I dig deep. I dream. I long. I breathe deep. I question. I soar. I accept. I let go. I embrace. I sit still. I feel.

And she has become a dear soul friend in my life. One of those friends you feel you've known in another life and you connect in this one with chills and an honor already nurtured and new memories to unfold. Effortless and true.

Eight Belles...do open your heart and listen. Your life will change...and it will be good.


{album photo by jesh de rox}

8 Comments:

Blogger marzi said...

thanks for the great music recommendation! i'm going off to buy it right now! love, love, love it!

January 3, 2009 at 5:50:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this isn't on eight belles but i heard it and just LOVED it. 'the trees want you back' is an amazingly
fantastic song. her voice is WOW and the band is good too!
xoxo

January 3, 2009 at 7:08:00 AM PST  
Blogger Alberta Art Classes said...

Thank you for the new music! Also, that photo of Cedar with the "O" lips, how can you resist? Yum.

January 3, 2009 at 8:21:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is beyond precious and yummy in every way

January 3, 2009 at 10:31:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm soooooooo snuggly. thankyou for sharing the wonderful music Boho XXXOOO Carole

January 3, 2009 at 1:24:00 PM PST  
Blogger RGZ said...

haven't listened to the music yet, but, damn, that boy is cute. he's really coming into his own, isn't he. adorable in the true sense.

January 3, 2009 at 2:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kathleen said...

hee...at first i read the title as, "eight bellies" !! hee...

cedar is so cute. i love how he is pursing his lips in the one pic...he almost looks like a little owl.

glad you are geeking out on being parents. it is grande, this love thing. xo

January 3, 2009 at 9:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

giggle - I read it 'eight bellies' too -

LOVING YOU and so happy to read you so full. You know how much you mean to me - have a wondrous year my girl! Maybe I'll even get to SEE you!

xo

January 4, 2009 at 5:12:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home