<

Friday, May 26

Grateful Friday


home, canon digital rebel xt

I sit here snuggled in my home, surrounded by our essence and feeling so comforted. My heart is swelling with such gratefulness from all of the sweet, sweet love both my husband and I received this past week from each of you. Even from some lovely souls I’ve never seen here in this space. You came out of the bloggie woods just to give us a gentle nudge of encouragement and pearls of wisdom.

I felt each of you circle around us. I held your hands. I heard your songs. I’ve been lifted up with your arms and both of my tiny feet are standing firm on the ground. I am surrendering once again to my journey. Open to the lessons, the messages and the growth.

I am teachable.

I’ve listed some other gems of gratefulness I received. I am just so humbled and touched by the special gifts from these souls this week, I just had to put it here so they knew how much I appreciated them. If you haven’t met these women in my bloggie sisterhood yet…do have a visit in their lovely spaces.

Sweet sweet gifties:

A sweet package from Andrea with the word “Faith” painted on a canvas.

A beautifully creative homemade card from this amazing woman that I so admire.

A crazy cool and giggly phone convo with this gorgeous creature. Her accent is every bit as beautiful as she is. We're so connected.

Another kindred, tender and powerful phone convo with this goddess of nature. A friendship I treasure.

This yummy post and poem.

This post that left me in tears and feeling so humbled and thinking perhaps this journey of mine truly does have a purpose larger than I can see.

Drinking yummy white sage tea sent in a lovely card from this wise pink coyote.

Thoughts of my dear friend Leonie and her upcoming art show.

Thea walking by my side through this mad roller coaster of fertility and never tiring of the broken record of emotions I share with her.

Liz and her warrior picture. We had a lovely chat and I gently told her I'd love to see a picture of her as a warrior because she felt like one to me. And she did it beautifully with such grace.

This woman for reaching out to me so tenderly and then posting her emotions so bravely. You have moved me!

Her strength in this post astounded me. If we all had a heart as big as hers, what a lovely place this world would be.

And if my big sister Darlene (b/sis) had a blog, I'd send you there but she doesn't. She's been my rock, as she always has been throughout my crazy life. Her wisdom astounds me and the gentle way she loves me is such a gift.

Here are the songs that have kept my spirit alive this week. Most inspired by these two lovely ladies.

Life is Beautiful ~ Amy Correia
When I was a Young Girl ~ Feist
Chariot ~ Gavin DeGraw
Life Goes On ~ Cree Summer
Peaches & Cream ~ John Butler Trio
August ~ Edie Carey
You Dance ~ Eastmountainsouth
32 Flavors ~ Ani DiFranco
How to Save a Life ~ The Fray


Again...thank you to each an every one that commented on this post. Big warm fuzzy hugs to you.

I sit in my home feeling so very grateful I could burst.

17 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You are lovely my darling, so very lovely.

Your resilience is a blessing.

XOXO

May 26, 2006 at 12:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Madeleine said...

I hear you..I was reading your previous blog(Wednesday) and felt your pain. I remember almost being able to smell and touch my babies before they were conceived- they were around me and I could feel them.
But they were conceived, and born and are now here with me-as yours will be too.
Time is the sometimes the hardest thing to endure, I know, it feels endless and cruel.
Before long you will be looking back at this time with babe in arms.
You're so strong, and this will carry you forward.
Sending you all my best wishes and love.

May 26, 2006 at 2:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

BG, your heart is huge! I know, because I have a big heart, myself, but yours is world-embracing, awe-inspiring -- you hold the world so close to you and it's amazing how you can take pain with such tear-inducing grace, and share such agapic love with all of us, time and again. I read your posts and am struck by it anew, each and every time.

May 26, 2006 at 3:44:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I stumbled across your website randomly and I just had to comment on your beautiful photography and writing. Take care and keep your head high!

May 26, 2006 at 4:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Having been away, I return to find the writers I love most all experiencing such deeply powerful weeks. I am so sorry for everything you have been experiencing since I last read. Your writing broke my heart--then filled it up again with the picture of you and your husband and your unflinching gratitude today. My thoughts are with you now--I wish you grace and courage...though you obviously have both in amazing abundance already. --D--

May 26, 2006 at 7:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amber said...

Such an inviting picture!

Thanks for your wonderful comments and thoughts.

I am so happy to find such an inspiring, heartwarming group of women...

May 26, 2006 at 7:26:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy you are finding some kind of peace today...thanks for being so real and beautiful!
~mindy

May 26, 2006 at 7:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm amazed by the amount of love that you have in your heart. You're so beautiful and inspiring, love.

So much love for you...

May 26, 2006 at 7:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this post just brings my heart up a bit (and it was feeling a bit down). love and hugs to you dear boho girl.

May 26, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

it is obvious to me
that you give
comfort and condolences,
conversations and giggles,
inspiration and ideas
as much as you receive.

i can't tell you how happy i am
that i came across your blog.

as others are also, i'm sure.
:)

May 26, 2006 at 9:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger M said...

I second gkgirl! What a gift you are to so many.

May 26, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. It's hard to go through the whole process, but it will be worth it in the end. I came across this today and I think it is highly appropriate... The Buddha says, "Praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow come and go like the wind. To be happy, rest like a giant tree in the midst of them all."

May 26, 2006 at 10:18:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love to you my dear, it was such a joy to hear your laugh on the phone the other day. My interactions with you bring so much light to my life. Have a fantastic weekend.

May 26, 2006 at 11:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Fran said...

I bow to you.

May 26, 2006 at 1:47:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brave Brave Brave you!!!

On the outside you are tiny, petit, as tender as butterfly wings...

but, on the inside you are big, gigantic and a fortress where many find solace and safety...

including me

thank you ~ Dar

May 26, 2006 at 3:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. You are such a warm and amazing woman...

May 27, 2006 at 12:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Sweetheart, it was a treat to talk to you on the phone - and it is *your* accent, *your* voice, that is the sweetest, and carries such tender words... and yes we are so connected - heart to heart across the waves
love to you , little one
x

May 27, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home