<

Wednesday, June 28

Them and me.


gemmies, canon digital rebel xt

These are the friends I've been playing with lately. Don't you just want to dive into this sea of color? Sometimes I wish myself teeny tiny so I could jump in and submerge myself, climbing from tray to tray. So, I suppose that makes me not only a tree hugger but a bead hugger.

I have felt such a lightness within my being the last few days. Something has shifted. My head and heart feel more clear and I am able to focus more than I have in a long time. I think in a myriad of ways, lessons are being learned in my life and I am evolving into a person that is truly paying attention to them. I feel open to the Potter's hand. It might be painful in the process but I can see the beauty that is forming.

I suppose I am like a potter to my gems too. Transforming them from a tiny bead into a gem masterpiece. Perhaps that is why I feel so connected to them lately. We're in this process together...them and me.

Here are a few loves I've discovered and want to share:

Zach Braff's website (I so admire his taste in music, as well as his movie producing skills)

Regina Spektor and her songs Fidelity and Hotel Song

Acai Bowls

My dear friend Susannah's Faiku's

My marmie. I haven't just discovered her of course, but I have discovered that I still need her deeply. She called me last night and her words rocked me like a baby in her arms. I've been trying so hard to be strong for my family and I realized, that I don't need to be...I can just be.

20 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

So inspiring. I am patiently awaiting that day when I feel the lightness of being you speak of. It's coming soon, I hope... (patience, patience...)
xo

June 28, 2006 at 10:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

i want to eat those beads!

so happy to read this post. i'm picturing you as a tiny little person swimming amongst the beautiful beads.

June 28, 2006 at 11:11:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can hear the swishy jewely sound they make when you scoop them up in your palm...music to my ears!

and here's to sweet marmie, who has created and nurtured a beautiful boho masterpiece :)

June 28, 2006 at 11:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Fran said...

When I saw the picture of the beads I thouhgt HOW BEAUTIFUL I want to dive right in and play. And what do you know so do you. I am glad you are evolving in many many ways and each one of them good.

June 28, 2006 at 11:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh darling...
I am so happy that you are feeling this way.

I am soaking it in along with the beauty of your gems...

June 28, 2006 at 12:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

The thing about beads that I like is the feel of them, more than the color. I just like to take a handful of them or two and just let them fall through my fingers. Beads are coolly tactile.

You just gave me an idea for a piece, Boho! Ever-inspirational, you are!

Word verification: umeypox! You Me Pox? I'm on a roll today!

June 28, 2006 at 12:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger kristen said...

i would love to dive into those beads; from square to square.

June 28, 2006 at 2:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rows and rows of gorgeousness and I can only imagine the beauty you will create with them. I'm with sike I like the tactile quality of beads, the cool feel of a new necklace against your skin. lovely my dear.

June 28, 2006 at 3:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i would only ever want you to just be - just be you, lovely beautiful bead-crazy boho xx

June 28, 2006 at 3:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum :)
I wish I could do more with beads - they can be an expensive hobby, though!

June 28, 2006 at 3:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

love you darling ~~~

June 28, 2006 at 4:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

great photo
and great post,
so full of insights.

:)

June 28, 2006 at 6:17:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me...this is a little slice of heaven ;)

I'll jump with you
I'll be teeny with you

You look *,* very organized and we MUST go bead shopping the next time I'm out!!!

lovin you x d x

June 28, 2006 at 7:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Drea said...

Do you make your own beads? Ive made two before haha. my friend Jodi has her own entertainment business... and she has a studio in her basement. She recently took some art classes that taught glass bead making .. she loved it.. and is really good now. She gave me a lesson on how to make a few simple beads... was fun! but takes a lot of patients and time :-)

http://www.big-smile.com << is my friends website.

June 28, 2006 at 8:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh this is beautiful. i love this...my bead hugger...

and this lightness you are feeeling. soak this up...breathe it in...remember it is part of you. always.

June 29, 2006 at 12:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Baby hunger is a painful place to be, so hard on the heart. The beads are beautiful - I've just started making a few bit and pieces myself and oooohh, I do love those pretty colors.

June 29, 2006 at 7:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh my, just be. How can we live a conscious life when we're not embracing who we are in that very moment?

June 29, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful image. :)

June 29, 2006 at 10:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

regina spektor is my girlfriend (in my fantasy life)! i so heart r.s.

June 29, 2006 at 11:43:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter would be all over those...of course your picture even makes me a "non bead" one a little curious. :)
a.

June 30, 2006 at 8:23:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home