<

Saturday, March 10


boho boy & his mother, canon digital rebel xt


boho boy, canon digital rebel xt

Boho Boy's mother is in town. She's been heavy on our hearts since Boho Boy's father passed away a few months ago. It felt so good to have her near and take her to some places today that are special to us. Places where she got a sense of our way of life. I loved sharing specialty tea with her in my favorite coffee house by the sea...then taking a walk down to the beach. I watched her breathe the ocean air in deeply and I knew when she sighed, she was missing Leonard. We all were but his spirit was with us. A few times I almost smelled the smoke from his pipe trailing behind us but I kept it to myself. I'm so in awe of how well she is taking care of herself through this and using this experience as an opportunity for growth. There is a peace in the tone behind her words and I know it is because her partner is no longer in pain. I looked at this picture of both her and Boho Boy and imagined the sun flare was Leonard's vibrant spirit, forever dancing around us.

9 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

That was definitely Leonard around them - i imagine he will be so close to all of them right now, making sure they are okay and sending them his love... xo

(and can i just say how cool CK looks in that second picture :)

March 11, 2007 at 5:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

:)
you have such
a wonderful
way
with words.

and such
a
big
heart.

March 11, 2007 at 7:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

He probaby had a little coffee
as well:)

(then smoked his pipe listening
to you two chatter)

March 11, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Yes Denise... Forever dancing around us.

This gives me much comfort.

:)

March 11, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh my goodness.
I have lived what you discribed. The presence of a loved one gone, the aroma of a pipe, or in my case my mothers "Avon" perfume. It was HER smell, and I love it. Your pictures are wonderful.
Thank you for taking me for a walk with my mom in my memories. It's been 16 years, and I miss her like yesterday.

March 11, 2007 at 1:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BJ said...

Beautifully written! I still long for my love. He has been gone for almost four years. My wonderful memories of him keep him close in my heart. I'm sure Leonard was with you all. Bless your MIL as she adjusts to this loss in her life.

March 11, 2007 at 1:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Such beautiful thoughts. I'm sure all of you will benefit from this time spent together.

March 11, 2007 at 3:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

i don't know if this comment will work but will try. I love this Den, the photos of CK and his momma. I know you guys must be having bittersweet times now, without his dad with you all. My heart goes out to you all as you move along this grief path, it is a long road and one full of many different emotions.

I love you and miss you...I feel so far away...well I guess I am huh?

March 12, 2007 at 6:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Regina said...

After my dad died in September, what was uppermost in my mind was how my mom would handle being alone... and she has surprised all of us. Yes, she loved my dad, but her beautiful husband was out of pain and that was most important for her.
I am so glad she came for a visit and that you all were able to share this time together- and I mean all of you- I know Leonard was there, too- just as my dad is always around me and my mom now...

March 12, 2007 at 12:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home