<

Saturday, October 25

new toy*


boho boy, canon 50D

When I found out that K really enjoys photography and has always wanted to get into it, I just felt like I was supposed to give her a camera and lens. The passion to capture the world as we see it was something beautiful to have in common and share. The Canon Digital Rebel XT that I first used was broken but I thought it would be easy to fix, so when we went out to meet T & K for the first time, I brought it along so we could take it to a local camera shop. Then I could give it to her and that would just make my heart burst.

Our first morning there, while I was getting ready for the big day, Boho Boy left to take the camera to the shop. He was told that it wasn't an easy fix. We'd have to send it away and it might take a while and be too costly to fix. He came back to the hotel to tell me and we were so bummed. I wanted so badly to give her this gift.

Then Boho Boy said..."I'll be right back, I have an idea...". Twenty minutes later, he arrived with a brand new Canon box. He said "this is your Christmas gift" and there it was...my dream camera...a Canon 50D!!! So how cool is it that I could give K an even better camera than I had imagined? She got my precious XTi and Tamron Zoom lens.

I pretty much squealed with joy. Later that night, we played with it a bit. Above is a photo of him reading the manual. That's just so him. I play with all the gadgets and learn as I go and he actually READS the manual. ; )

Giving K my camera was one of my favorites parts of the weekend. Especially when I saw her face light up so beautifully. Knowing that when the baby is born, she will have somewhere to wander and explore and heal with her new toy. I am also hoping she will discover parts of herself through this medium that she never realized lived inside of her. I know that is what photography has done for me. It means so much that she will carry with her something that changed my life in such a miraculous way. Becoming a photographer was like a rebirth for me and my XTi was the camera I used when the path to photographing artists opened up for me.

It all comes full circle in that we both continue to bless one another with parts of ourselves.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel your excitement and happiness in wanting to share something that is 'you' with K...that is beautiful. She's going to cherish it. You truly are spectacular. And kudos to boho boy for his quick thinkin'...;-)

October 25, 2008 at 2:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Pen said...

what a beautiful gift. and it is just like you to think of something so wonderful xx

October 25, 2008 at 2:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Leacayoungart said...

That is sweet. I just ordered a 50d last week. I can't wait to get it. Are you loving it?

October 25, 2008 at 4:17:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I generally lurk here but wanted to say congratulations to you both. Your kind spirits will lead you all to a wonderful new life with your baby.

Diane

October 25, 2008 at 6:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger boho girl said...

leaca,
yes...i am totally loving it. enjoy yours when it comes!

thank you all for lifting us up with such love and kind words during this time.

xo

October 25, 2008 at 7:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful posts, I feel your excitement, compassion, and wisdom pouring out.

Way to go Boho Boy on the camera, too :)

Jaclyn

October 25, 2008 at 8:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger nicole said...

This is such a beautiful gesture ... you both will make such wonderful parents, I can tell!

October 25, 2008 at 11:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger christine said...

wow, christmas early for everyone!

October 26, 2008 at 1:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Silvia said...

That's so cool of Santa to stop by earlier just so you could give her this gift :)

xo

October 26, 2008 at 3:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger meesh said...

you have a generous spirit and just reading your words enriches my life.

no words to say how happy i am for you and boho boy and your new adventures with a growing family.

thanks for sharing your blessings.

hugs to you both.

meesh

October 26, 2008 at 7:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

this just made me smile from ear to ear.

a gift for all.

lovely.

xo

p.s. i love the look on c's face in the photo ; )

October 26, 2008 at 8:29:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture of Boho Boy!!! That's me. When I got my new XTi, I read the whole manual from front to back and then the additional book I got from Amazon!! I'm a nerd like that. :)

I gave my niece my Nikon Film SLR this summer for her birthday. It's a great camera and I gave her a 18-100mm lens with it. I also gave her 20 rolls of film! She was so happy. I love that she is getting into photography. It was something that really helped me focus when I was her age (no pun intended!LOL)

I only wish I could have given her a digital. Maybe when I get my next one, IN ABOUT 5 YEARS!! HAHA!

You are such a beautiful soul, Denise!

October 26, 2008 at 8:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger hhh said...

your heart is so great big!!.....soooo beautiful your are such a light in this world!

October 26, 2008 at 10:00:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you two are such joyful givers; it's just wonderful to see people walking on clouds and sunshine. what a great gift-- the camera, the offer to experience & grow. . . so beyond. . . so nice!

October 26, 2008 at 10:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jacki said...

How very awesome!

I am so beyond thrilled at the new adventures your life holds!

October 26, 2008 at 12:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristin Zecchinelli said...

what a beautiful gift, am sure will aid in healing. and how wonderful that you held it with love in our hands, saw miraculous things with it through the viewfinder now she will put here eye to the same place, that is so very warm.

October 26, 2008 at 12:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Brabarella Lingerie said...

i haven't been reading blogs very regularly for a while now but i am just so excited about your son, i cannot wait to see him...so i keep checking and checking your blog now...

October 26, 2008 at 1:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alisa said...

what a wonderful gift for K that will keep on giving in so many ways.

way to come thru boho boy!

October 26, 2008 at 2:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

I just think this is the sweetest story, from all accounts! What a blessing!

October 27, 2008 at 11:45:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home