<

Sunday, May 7

Sunday Scribblings ~ My Shoes


Boho & Carsten's Rainbow Feet, Canon Digital Rebel XT

Today's inspirational topic over at Sunday Scribblings is "My Shoes".

I thought long and hard about this one since I don't really have just one favorite pair. I am definitely one to be attached to a few pairs of shoes and wear them day in and day out. They snuggle my feet until they grow old and weathered to the point when the average person would toss them and I just simply don't.

My sister Darlene doesn't get this because she is obsessed with shoes of all shapes, colors and styles, therefore has a plethora of them perfectly lined up on a shelf waiting to be worn with the outfit she bought them for. Me on the other hand, I have about 4 pairs that I actually wear...and the few others I own are tossed into a bin in my closet all tumbled onto one another

So which pair shall I talk about today? Well...since I've already shared much of my love affair for Amy's shoes that now live on my feet, I will tell you the story of my Rainbow's.

I liken those that wear Rainbow sandals to those that drive Volkswagens. There is an unspoken Rainbow Sandal Tribe living and walking upon our dear Mother Earth. Just as I said in my previous post about the giving of the peace sign, the knowing nod and blowing the horn (meep meep) when Volkswagen driver's pass one another on the road, Rainbow sandal folks usually have that 3 second glance and smile when they see Rainbow's on your feet.

These sandals live on the feet of earthy, grungy, surfer-esque, outdoor, granola-types. And just like Birkenstocks, they mold to the shape of your foot days into wearing them. Tres comfy and tres cool are these leather sandals. I highly encourage you to give them a try for Summer!

The very first day I met my husband (story is here), I had my Rainbow's on with a hippy~flowy shirt and shorts. He too had his Rainbows on and a t-shirt with the phrase "Neo-Beatnik" on it.

Two peas in a pod.

When I got up from where we were hanging out outside to go into the kitchen for a beer, Carsten said he noticed my sandals for the first time as I walked away. He looked at our friend Rob and said..."She wears Rainbows?" with a huge grin on his face.

I think that was truly what sealed the deal, folks.

For more fun shoe stories...venture here.

Side note: Notice how much larger Carsten's feet are than mine. Nice. *grin*

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn;t it so funny how we identify with things like that? My friend was just telling me that she has a pair of shoes from this particular store in Toronto. You need a membership to shop at this store. She saw a guy about 25 feet away, wearing the same kind of shoes, and she said he called out to her, "Nice Shoes Girl!!"

Funny isn't it.

That's a cute story. I like stories about you and your man.

May 7, 2006 at 7:59:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok....now I must get a pair of Rainbow's. =) Your neice (my daughter) has worn them silly.

I have never been drawn to them because they seemed so...well....plain, but the both of you love them so much, they must really be something.

I loved the way you lovingly described how they conform to your feet. I have so many shoes they don't have the time to conform.

And Den, your pretty toes made those plain flip flops look...

fabulous!!!

May 7, 2006 at 10:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

you guys are now doubly cute as i thought you were previously, which is pretty darn cute!

hee hee heeeeeeeee

May 7, 2006 at 11:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Brad said...

I don't think I will ever be able to look at: feet, shoes, rainbows and granola the same way - ever again...

thanks
bg

May 7, 2006 at 11:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

oh my god, sweetie, even your *feet* are gorgeous! I agree with Leonie - you two are the cutest peas ever :-)

Rainbows sound wonderful - it's a whole new area of the flip flop world for me to explore, as i don't know if you can buy them over here. i'm heading over the the site right now......
Sx

May 7, 2006 at 11:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger claireylove said...

your feet do seem impossibly gorgeous- no wonder you love wearing flip flops so much!
i'm afraid it's definitely not flip flop weather in drizzly Brum today *sigh*

May 8, 2006 at 2:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Love this post and love the Rainbows! Cute photo of you and your husband's feet.

May 8, 2006 at 3:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

The picture--oh, the picture! Such a "comfortable pair of shoes" with your "comfortable with one another" feet...this shot looks like a long, relaxing Sunday afternoon. Loved this...

May 8, 2006 at 6:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I love the picture, the stories, the shoes and those gorgeous toes!

I am reeling from meeting my sister for the first time this weekend.

I will be back when I can think/write clearer.

Love and Hugs

May 8, 2006 at 6:52:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute photo!! I've actually never seen Rainbow flip flops before but the way you've described them makes me want to rush out and buy a pair for me & my husband! Thanks for sharing!

May 8, 2006 at 8:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love the rainbows..
how can you not love something
with a name like "rainbows"
sigh.

great story, too
:)

May 8, 2006 at 10:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

i will never tire of your brilliantly told love stories about you and carsten. i get all swoony and i never get all swoony!!!! thank you-i smile every time i come here and that is worth gazillions to me.

XOXO!!

May 8, 2006 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger LiteraryGirl said...

I am putting these on my "wish list"...

May 8, 2006 at 10:56:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always just love your writings. Like I needed more shoes, but these rainbow sandals looked to good to pass up! Found some new ones on ebay. Thanks for sharing.
Teresa

May 8, 2006 at 11:21:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could throw my two cents in here... they are a bit uncomfortable at first, especially if you are not used to the toe thong sensation. But after a few days.. they're perfect. And after afew months, they form to fit your feet.

May 8, 2006 at 11:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

I think your feet are very pretty, not at all like Barney Rubble. ;)

May 8, 2006 at 11:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Wowieeee!!! I love flip flops and those Rainbows look sooo comfy!!!They are on my wish list too!!! You've inspired me dear Calleyfornia children to post my Fav. shoes! LOL

May 8, 2006 at 1:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Amber said...

Hello, Girl!!!! I know it's been awhile but I'm back and I wanted you to know I've missed our 'chats'... love and light.

May 8, 2006 at 3:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger christina said...

That is an AWESOME shoe/love story. You guys are adorable--big feet, little feet, as my son would say. :)

May 8, 2006 at 5:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

Cute picture, BG! You have teensy tic-tac toes!

May 8, 2006 at 5:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes... I have big feet. You know what they say: Big Feet... Big Rainbows.

May 8, 2006 at 6:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I loved this post so much! I am a north Idaho girl with friends who went to Southern Cali for college, so I got caught up in the Rainbows brigade through them and I'm loving them (even in Europe, where flip flops immediately designate you a tourist/foreigner).

May 9, 2006 at 6:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Love the picture!! I've never had Rainbow sandals - never even heard of them. But I love the attributes you describe, and I think I might love the tribe who wears them. So I might hear them calling me - faintly, but yes, there I hear my name.

May 9, 2006 at 1:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Do you do the honor of your own pedicures?????
I love the OPI color, "I'm Really not a Waitress"

May 9, 2006 at 6:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger tirtzy said...

so i just googled.. "are rainbow sandals ok for europe" and your blog came up! i hope you can answer my question since you seem to be rainbow savy. i am taking a trip to eruope from may-july. i have never worn rainbows but a lot of my friends and family do. do you think they will protect my little feet from blisters and aches as i will be walking A LOT?

April 11, 2008 at 12:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger boho girl said...

i love my rainbows...so much...but i am not sure if they have enough support to walk all around Europe.

you might want to bring them along for a back up pair.

try some sandals with more support like Tiva's...or Birkenstock...or El Natura Lista!

love,
boho girl

April 20, 2008 at 6:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home